Saturday 12 November 2011

Tony Day 23/365 - Saturday Adv Run Club @ Greens

Good Morning Runners!!!
Have been asked to fill in at Greens health and fitness as the running club instructor until the end of the year. Having taken part in this run club over the past couple of years I wanted to stamp my mark on my first class! So with this in mind i thought about taking the class down to the science centre by the river clyde. We performed some intervals around the two bridges that make a perfect 600m track. Once we had performed 3 laps of the circuit we moved onto the science tower. I wanted to perform some stair reps at the base of the tower - however as the tower was closed off (as usual) we ended up doing some leg exercises on the benches around the centre. With the lactic acid now pumping about the legs we pushed on along the clyde and did some laps around the bridges making sure that we were able to get 10km in the hour. On the return along the clyde to the gym, the running clubbers thought they were on the home straight until I got them to do more squats and lunges and then run up one of the steeper hills in the city centre.
Having finally tortured the group until the point where one of the stronger girls turned round and said 'you are too much for me' I decided it was time to run home.
Satisfied I had stamped my mark.... :)

Day 23/365 - Saturday Adv Run Club @ Greens by tcfitness at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment