Sunday 27 November 2011

Nicky Day 22/365 Hell Down South











Ran the really fabulous Hell Down South (part of the Hell Runner series) today. Up bright & early for the drive down to Liphook in Hampshire. Met my friend Tina & ran together. Lots of laughs, mud, hills, sand & the notorious "Bog of Doom"!!
9.3 miles of fun! Around 1500 participants to add to the party atmosphere. Got absolutely filthy & it took 2 washes to get my kit clean, plus a shower followed by a bath to get me clean! Toe nails may take a couple more weeks though. Thank goodness its not summer!!
Fab day all round!

6 comments:

  1. Hugely envious Nicky! - I really enjoyed this run last year - the bog of doom is so shcoking it's hilarious! did they break through an inch of ice 100yds long before you got in up to your neck? - great effort!!
    (PS are we allowed to record satellite maps of UK army bases???)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today was a relativly warm day Ben!! A scorching 10 deg so no need for ice picks! Also due to lack of rain, it was only waist deep! Great great fun & a run I will do again.
    Hmmmm re: satellite maps! Oh well, risk taken for the 365 challenge - I'm definatly not deleting my effort only to have to go out for another 2miles. I have been on the wine after all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. did you disappear down the plughole???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tony - I've seen that arse in all it's desert glory - she's lying! (and yes, for the record, you were wearing underwear - my wife reads this blog!!)
    :-)

    ReplyDelete