Wednesday 23 November 2011

Ben Day23/365 Cyle path again again

Ben Day 23/265 Garmin
Lucky to get a run in at all today - Anusha is on-call so no guarantee she will even make it home in the evening (36 hr on-call), so I planned to run whilst Oliver was having his swimming lesson at 5pm - only to learn the Swim instructor requires parents to be poolside at all times - grr... time for some creative thinking! thankfully, Anusha was able to come home at 7 so I was able to grab a few minutes and dash along the cycle path with the old headtorch (took the new one from it's cellophane wrapper this evening and is currently on charge - according to the reviews, it's like a car headlight shining on the fells and it's only tiny!)
In other news, my min/mile times are improving which is nice! After Monday's dizzy spell, Tuesdays vaccinations (and a mild reaction to the typhoid jab (felt a bone deep chill all day today) I felt in reasonably good shape this evening - happy days ahead!
In the office in Basingstoke tomorrow, so going to try a woodland route near the office Marg told me about!

PS - T-shirts all purchased and winging their way to TC for vinyl printing! will sort monies later when we've got costs sorted. I was able to get the shirts for less than £20 (each) which is great.

3 comments:

  1. Will be interested in the Basingstoke route. I am going to start running on my way home from work a bit more! Getting a little bored of the short routes around here already! Also a good way to explore the country & run in daylight! In Salisbury tomorrow so will stop somewhere back from there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That path was around the new housing development around the Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital. I think the development was called Limes Park. I could get into it not far from that walking path from the Apollo hotel to Lilly ( after going under the A340.

    Thanks for getting the shirts organized!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hospital is where I work in Basingstoke - excellent. Will look the path up!

    ReplyDelete