Thursday 24 November 2011

Ben Day24/365 Dinosaur quarry bis (night!)

Ben Day24/365 Garmin
Felt in good shape this evening. Was supposed to be in the office today, but my 2 hour commute was seriously threatned by a big lorry fire on M4 Eastbound this morning which would have turned it into a 3 hr commute, so I turned back at Bath rather than just sitting waiting in the trafficjam near Chippenham. I was itching for it to get dark today so I could try the new headtorch - it's simply stunning. Especially in dark woodland! thought I'd trial it in the spooky Dinosaur woods near home - enjoyed it so much I added on the extra quarry variant (or "bis" in French if you prefer!) just to prolong the fun. Heartily recommend this powerful little headtorch. Pace felt OK too - finally feel myself starting to get fitter and legs stronger.
I can thrutch my way through an ultra or two yes, but actually being fit enough to enjoy one is another matter - hoping this challenge might sort that - there's promise yet!

2 comments:

  1. Glad your torch worked well. What time does it get dark where you are?

    ReplyDelete
  2. about 4:30pm - et tu?

    ReplyDelete