Sunday 20 November 2011

Day 11/365 Challenge - Hagan Burke Trail

Another run in the daylight!! Went along part of the greyhound trail to the Hagan Burke Trail. I really like that run and now that the Greyhound Trail has been built I do not have to run in the traffic on the narrow bridge over Cool Creek...much safer. It rained for the last mile but the temp was 48oF so still pretty good running conditions. I have a new theory on my Garmin fit app's quirky stats. Perhaps AT&T does not give me continuous connection with the satellite for my GPS location, but an intermittent one? This might explain why the pace chart is screwy and it says that I am not moving when I am? Any other ideas?

Day 11/365 Challenge by margcurtis13@hotmail.com at Garmin Connect - Details

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marg - we'll have to do some of these trails together over these next 12 months!
    unsure re Satellie - might be worth doing a google search on "intermittent satellite coverage on AT&T" or something? no doubt soemone will have posted something similar up on a Bulletin Board someplace.. BB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Complaints on the app site suggest that satellite connection may be a problem. I guess it would be helpful for me to post my problems. It is only in version 1 so they are probably looking for feedback. AT&T seems to rate pretty highly for GPS connection in the US but I think that is for car navigation which is less concerned about the second by second connection. Be interesting to know how it really works. Obviously the watches do not have the same problems.

    ReplyDelete