Sunday 27 November 2011

Tony - I'm here!!!! Days 33-38/365!!

Sorry guys! been really busy this week and add this to not feeling very well all week results in me being not able to keep up with my posting!!
Just to let you know though I have still been running and am about to digest about 5 runs here!! try and stay with me.....
Day 33 and this was me starting to feel a little better after the cold that I have had over the weekend. I do think that we have to watch that we are not doing too much on this challenge. The majority of my runs at the moment have been at the minimum of 5km because I am just feeling absolutely wacked! With this in mind though I decided that I needed to do a longer run so got just under 10km but the legs feel really tired.
Day 33/365 - Feeling pretty tired but know that I need long runs by tcfitness at Garmin Connect - Details
Day 34 and the weather in Scotland has turned for the bad (thats saying something!) With torrential rain and hurricane winds I ventured out with buddy the dog and dragged him round for 5km. His little face looking back at me going 'what the hell are you making me do here??' I couldn't do any longer than the minimum with him so came back home and out of the rain. Cold, wet and not happy - what would normally be a 24min run took 37min with the dog. Note to self...
Day 34/365 - 5km run with Buddy the dog (in the rain & wind) by tcfitness at Garmin Connect - Details
Day 35 and the rain and wind is getting worse. I leave the run all day because I am busy with lots of other stuff and have done the WOD at CF today already. It gets to 7:15 and I know that I have to do it! Jim is my last client and we had agreed to do a hill session - He had no choice - Out we went into the dark and stormy night layered up and did 4 hill repeats in order to build up lactic acid tolerance in our legs!
Day 35/365 - Hill training session with Jim - 4 times up hill close to gym by tcfitness at Garmin Connect - Details
Day 36 and the weather is no better. Started the day with my Mums in the Park class at Rouken Glen park but the weather was so bad that we could not stay in the one place and perform the class for fear of getting blown away! We decided to run around the park and perform some exercises along the way. At one point the weather became so bad we took shelter underneath a a wooden lean to and stayed there for  10min. Deciding that the weather was not going to ease we called it a day and left just as the sun was coming out!
Day 36.1/365 - Small run with the Mums at MITP. by tcfitness at Garmin Connect - Details
Given the fact that my earlier run was not long enough I had to go out after work at 8:30pm and perform my run. With an uneventful run around shawlands I left it at the minimum distance due to the fact I wanted to go home and that I had done some already that day.
Day 36.2/365 - 5km after work just around Shawlands and back by tcfitness at Garmin Connect - Details
Run Club with the greens crew does not disappoint and today was no exception! The weather was still at hurricane level and we layered up and got out again! Deciding to take them along the kelvin way again to keep out of the wind, we ran through puddles and mud and got blown all over the place. Being the leader of the group I flat tyred the faster guys by making them do additional hill reps while the others caught up. We performed some other exercises along the way and then headed back to the gym as we neared the 10km mark. My Garmin battery had died in the night and I forgot to charge it so thank goodness for the garmin app for the iphone, cause if it wasn't for this I would have had to have performed two runs!!
Day 37/365 - Advanced run club with Greens - Garmin fit on iphone by tcfitness at Garmin Connect - Details
Sunday and day 38 of the challenge!! Went to CF today and did the team WOD which involved lots of tough exercises including running 400m sprints with a 20lb med ball!! Ouch. The WOD lasted two hours and thought of doing the run straight after. On second thoughts I thought of food and something to drink first and hoped that another opportunity may pop its head up later in the day! And so it did! Ann was off to choir practice at her old (grammar) school and I thought I would take a lift with her and bomb it on the way back home! As long as it was over 5KM!! Ooooft, more like 8.5!!! not bad time on some of the km's getting close again to running 4min/km comfortably, maybe the being ill and only doing 5km runs helped me to recover!!!
Day 38/365 - Dropped off at Hutchy and ran back to Ann's by tcfitness at Garmin Connect - Details

Rant over!!!
Keep on running!!!

3 comments:

  1. welcome back TC - we missed ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear that you are recovering. What is it that they say....you can keep running if the illness is neck up....good on you for persevering and hope you are over it now.

    ReplyDelete