Wednesday 30 November 2011

Charles: Day 24/365 & 25/365 - Tuesday & Wednesday

Day 24 and back to the routine.

The drive home from Crianlarich was more interesting than the run. We drove home via Loch Lomond and I almost crashed the car with laughter when the wife said "Wonder if we'll see the Loch Ness monster". The tears of laughter were streaming down my face when I said "The name gives it away ya choob, it's the Loch Ness monster and not the Loch Lomond monster".

The rain had never halted for 2 days and the roads were completely flooded and blocked so we kept getting sent on detours via some desolate roads. We were never happier to see civilisation again...even though they had 2 heads and walked with limps. Sorry, but I was driving through Bearsden, Glasgow on the way home and the car doors were well and truly locked.

When we eventually got home, unpacked the suitcase and with a stinking head and chest cold, I decided I better go for a run but I wanted to make it as short as possible in the wind and rain. The run was tough going and I could hear my chest wheezing quite badly. All my muscles and joints were aching so I had a nice warm bath when I got home and a lovely cooked dinner.

The details of my Day 24 run can be found at Day 24/365 challenge


Day 25 and back to work :(

I went for my usual lunchtime run at work and again with a chest cold and strong winds I really struggled. It also seems to have given me sore hips and a tender right knee. Not much more to say about the run other than I hated every step of it!!

Todays bad experience and aches and pains ain't going to stop me on my quest to complete the run365challenge!!

The details of my Day 25 run can be found at Day 25/365 challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment