Thursday 24 November 2011

Nicky Day 19/365 Frustrating footpaths

Decided to stop on way home from work & follow some footpaths over beautful countryside near South Cadbury! Legs a little heavy but even heavier after once again I ran out of footpath signs. Up a very steep hill, over a broken style, bashed my way through bushes & nettles & found the path again. Ominously with a rope to hang on to as you slip slide your way downwards!! More broken styles & no more sigsns. Ended up in a field with a dead sheep, lots & lots of pheasants & lots of gun cartridge shells. Time to unplug the ipod so I didnt get an arse full of lead shot!
This was when I decided I was probably trespassing & maybe I should make my way back to the road & give up! 2 miles were achieved anyway.

2 comments:

  1. I think this qualifies as adventure racing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic village names near there - I'd forgotten how "quirky" England can be!!

    ReplyDelete