Tuesday 22 November 2011

Ben Day22/365 - Cycle Path (again!)

Ben Day22/365 - Garmin
I had every intention of running over at University (Bath) today - I'm keen to try the Skyline route (it looks ace if a little hilly!)
Bath Skyline Route
alas time ran away from me, and after busy day sorting library access, sports access, parking access and lectures and so I'll have to save this storming 10K route for another time. Look forward to it though.

Just enough time for my dead on 5K from home out along the cycle path. Felt a lot better today after my 5k walk yesterday = think I'm going to have to listent oto my body a bit more often to avoid potassium deficiencies and ensuiing diziness. Felt reasonably comfortable ticking along at ~7'30" pace.

In other news, following a review in a trail running magazine I've found and now purchased a new headtorch!! introducing the Hope Vision R4! - awesome bit of kit - can be used on the bike, or on a headband. Decided to spend the money and take the plunge since Anusha (wife) is wanting a set of lights for her bike so she can start training on the bike for a triathlon again over winter. This beast puts out 1000 lumens!!!

Hope Vision R4
It's supposed to be a joint xmas present for ourselves, but Anusha has said I can start using it straightaway - which usually means she'll save these brownie points for when she REALLY wants something!
Looking forward to getting it charged up and using it through the woods one dark and spooky night, soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment