Friday 25 November 2011

Charles: Day 20/365 - Woohoo!

Day 20 and I feel back on track after last nights doubts :)

Tonight's run felt great, even though the freezing cold winter winds are here. The wind chill factor must've taken the temperature to well below zero. I'm so glad that I'd put on my luminous jacket, running tights and my luminous running gloves. By the time I'd finished the run I felt great and could of ran for a good further 5k but decided to edge on the side of caution and not overdo it so I dropped by the wife's work and got a lift home.

My Day 21 & day 22 (Sat & Sun) runs will be at my dad's in Fife and then its off on Sunday afternoon for a couple of days away (Day 23 & 24 - Mon & Tues) to Crianlarich (near Loch Lomond) with the wife so I'll be trying to run a few kilometers of the West Highland Way. I'll take photos of the lovely countryside and upload them to the blog. So looking forward to the break away and chilling out after my daily runs.

The details of my run can be found at Day 20/365 challenge

5 comments:

  1. Your enthusiasm is infectious Charles - looking forward to seeing some Garmin routes of the WHW!
    best,
    Ben

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see your photos. Brad and I walked the West Highland Way many years ago and we thought it was a "slice of heaven" around there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you never mentioned that Marg! Tony asked me to run it with him next year but I've declined - I was put off when Chris Moon told me that the run takes so long that by the time you've finished, the midge bites you pick up shortly after starting it are infected by the end, since you don't have time to stop and sort them!! Mindst you, he finished it though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You fancy doing the WHW race with me next year???? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's no way I could do the whole length in the Highland Fling. I would love to do it by doing 1 section per day for X number of days. I loved the Crianlarich to Tyndrum (approx. 7 mile) section

    ReplyDelete