Thursday 24 November 2011

Charles: Day 19/365 - A run too far?

Day 19 and it's the day that I've questioned myself as to why I'm doing this challenge.

I went for an early evening run tonight because I wanted to go to the carvery at lunch time with some work mates.

With a stomach full of roast gammon, 2 jumbo sausages and loads of veg, I found tonight's run extremely hard going with all that food jiggling about inside my belly. To cap it off, it was almost gale force winds and driving rain tonight. I got to the 5k point on my run and thought to myself 'sod this for a laugh' but I kept plodding on to the end because I don't like to give in to my own stupidity!

When I got home I felt knackered but also had the elation of knowing that I've now completed 19 consecutive days of running and I love it...It will take more than my stupidity of eating too much at lunch time to give up this brilliant challenge. Bring on tomorrow and the next 345 days :)

The details of my run can be found at Day 19/365 challenge

2 comments:

  1. you lasted a lot longer than the rest of us I'm sure before we questioned why we were doing this! - grind it out buddy, grind it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Ben. I won't give in!

    Once I'm committed to something, I'll definetly see it through to the end and possibly already planning on continuing to at least 500 days. I feel that once we get to 365 days none of us will want to give up running each and every day :)

    ReplyDelete