Friday 18 November 2011

Tony Day 28/365 - Evening loop through Pollok after one of the hardest workouts I have ever done..

So I know that I have been banging on about this crossfit gym that I go to and that I love the training there. We were told that todays workout was going to be one the hardest ever and with Iain the coach not telling us what that workout was there was no way to prepare for it. I made the decision to do the run after the workout so that I may have some fitness in the legs for whatever was thrown our way.
Walking into the gym with the workout posted on the board - I laughed and said 'your f-ing kidding- can that even be done in an hour??"
it went like this:
KELSU
100 Thrusters (front squat to push press) with 60kg
every minute on the minute 5 burpees.

Tap aff and hands chalked up with the adreneline pumping we set about the workout.
By 20min in my burpees looked ridiculous and i was only managing 2 thruster in every minute. Some minutes I didnt do any and took a rest! 30min in I thought I was going to faint but my ultramarathon mental toughness kicked in and we got to the end: 37:32 - solid.

With my legs like jelly I knew I couldn't do a long run- a simple 6km but with a headwind it felt like hell.
Finding the time is one thing - but fitting it in with other training is another!
Keep on thrusting!!

Day 28/365 - Evening loop through Pollok after one of the hardest workouts! by tcfitness at Garmin Connect - Details

1 comment:

  1. lmao!
    So this means you're not actually Superman then?

    Your "kryptonite" was a tough hour in the gym?!

    :p

    ReplyDelete