Sunday 20 May 2012

Nicky: Day 205-207 Thailand to Crewkerne 10k


Last day in Thailand. Did the little 2m circuit. At last saw a live snake after all the dead ones on the road. Alf actually nearly trod on it as it was dozing in the morning sun! Another baking day in paradise but no doube I will be moaning about the wet & cold in Blighty tomorrow. Boo!!!

Day 206 Upton Circuit - back to reality by knickerscat at Garmin Connect - Details
Landed at 6am this morning. Drove home, collected cats, unpacked, washing on, read emails & then dragged myself out for my usual boring old 2m Upton circuit. It is still as dull as it was 2 wks ago. Still, must admit, weather devine for running! Didnt even break a sweat once - maybe should have pushed myself harder!

Day 207 Crewkerne 10k by knickerscat at Garmin Connect - DetailsNot a bad day for a race weather wise. Cool & dry. Lovely change to the humidity & unbearable heat of Thailand. Also need to start working off those holiday cocktails! Found out yesterday that it was the Crewkerne 10k today - nice & local so would be silly not to do it. This race has in the last 2 years replaced the old Crewkerne 9m race, which due to dwindling numbers switched distances. I did the 9m three years ago so new if the 10k was following most of the route - twas going to be a hilly little run. Told myself I would be happy with sub 55min.
Set off slowly feeling sluggish & heavy legged. Pretty much started on a nasty hill! Ouch!! Settled into it after a mile or so & felt fine. Over took several teenage boys who obviously thought a mere 6m would be a walk in the park but burnt themselves out after 3 or so miles. I love seeing their faces when this old lady (me!!) rips past them when they are walking :D
I finished in 55:05 so was pretty delighted. Good days work me thinks.





1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great time. Nice photos. Bet it was humid running there. I have been a few times and running around outside was not on my agenda then! I think I would have melted.

    ReplyDelete