Tuesday 22 May 2012

Karl: Day 35-39/365 - quick 3k from the flat by kfzeiner at Garmin Connect - Details

Couple of short runs to keep things ticking over - weather was very poor so got soaked even on 3k.
Day 35/365 - quick 3k from the flat by kfzeiner at Garmin Connect - Details
Day 36/365 - quick 3k from the flat by kfzeiner at Garmin Connect - Details

... followed by 3 days of running long:
Saturday I ran 10k up to Balerno to do some coaching, legs felt so much better to a week ago. After coaching I ran back home another 10k. Then I was invited for coffee and cake at one of my clients at 11:30am so I ran there (around 2.5k). From there I ran down to Leith for more coaching (around 8.5k). And finally ran home again (6k). By now it was 3:30pm and I could settle down to watch the days Giro stage. I fell asleep. I recorded it all as one run for the day on the Garmin.
Day 37/365 - 39k split over 5 runs by kfzeiner at Garmin Connect - Details
Sunday I went for a 27k run in the Pentland hills on the tired legs from Saturday. I covered over 600m of ascent and got some fantastic views.

Legs felt good tired early on, then started to feel good and suffered a bit at the end. Really good run on tired legs though and I was able to stay out of the way of the celebrating Hearts fans piling out of various pubs after the Scottish Cup win.
Day 38/365 - 27k in the Pentlands with lots of up and down by kfzeiner at Garmin Connect - Details
Day 3 of running on tired legs. Had a coaches meeting at 5:30pm yesterday at the Commie Pool so decided to run there via some of the Edinburgh hills taking in Craiglockhart, Braids, Blackford Glen and the Hermitage. 14k to get to the Commie Pool. After the meeting I ran round Arthur's seat with some club mates (5k) then coached the swim session and ran home afterwards (4k). Those 4k were the fastest I did in these 3 days as I was running with one of my mates Tony and he was seriously pushing the pace. Rather pleased with that finish. We were running at 4:30 min/km pace.
Day 39/365 - hilly 23k in the Edinburgh hills by kfzeiner at Garmin Connect - Details

2 comments:

  1. Phew, I'm exhausted just reading the post lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice just having that kind of scenery just outside your flat!!!

    ReplyDelete