Monday 7 May 2012

Charles: Day 183/365 - Half way heaven

Well, well, who would have thought that this fat 44 year old bald man would ever manage to run for 183 consecutive days. In my pursuit of getting to the half way point, I've covered 1311.45km = 815.01 miles = avg 4.45 miles per day = approx 31.11 marathons.

What is even more amazing is that I soldiered on for about 13 weeks after 2 really bad hip injuries. Thankfully I've recovered from the gammy hips and I'm ready for the next 182 days. Bring it on!!

Tonights run was tough going because I'd been car marshalling at Knockhill race track and had been on my feet all day and even had to put a fire out on one of the race cars. My leg and back muscles were extremely tight after standing about all day in the rain, snow, cold winds and even warm sunshine. Yes, we definitely had 4 seasons in one day!

The details of the run can be found at Day 183/365 challenge

1 comment:

  1. Well done Charles!!! Welcome to the half-way club!!!
    It is all down hill from here!!!
    You are a machine with all this running with your injuries!
    tony

    ReplyDelete