Monday 14 May 2012

Ben Day 126 - Leigh Woods & Avon by ben_buckle at Garmin Connect - Details

Ben Day 126 - Leigh Woods & Avon by ben_buckle at Garmin Connect - Details

Well I'll be a monkeys bum she said! - After nearly 200 days of using this Garmin and blog site I've finally figured out the fast way of transferring across my Garmin links into this blog! ie by doing  it straight from Garmin itself rather than copying and pasting the link - arghh!! HOW much time have I wasted this year and last diligently copying link?!

oh I wish I'd seen the "Share" tab on Garmin activities page a bit earlier! - wonder how it knows to publish the run into the Run365 blog though?

Tonights run was stunning - started in a torrential downpour but I could see brilliant sunshine on the horizon so knew it wouldn't last - took my specs off (nowt worse than dried rain on specs!) for the run with ACDC still buzzing in my head from the drive to Leigh Woods..

lots of deep muddy puddles and mud everywhere from the torrent.. stuffed my right foot into a deep puddle and hit it funny - immediately felt wrong and went over on the ankle yelping with pain.. another few steps to slow down the pace and did the EXACT same thing again - I couldn't see in the rain and without my specs - thought it was all over - tears welling up and everything with the shock/pain... slowed right down and had to really suck it up.. running like a gimp for about 100m cursing myself for being so stupid - then just like on RAB MM last year when I buggered my ankle on the final descent when I stopped concentrating on the ground, it just calmed down and I could find a way to keep moving...

Run felt ace the whole way through - total mudfest - it was crazy (buy therefore all the more enjoyable).. dropped down through the steep woods following deer tracks to the river Avon - there was a great flow on the Avon tonight - the river is still tidal when it hits Bristol (It feeds off the River Severn which over at Clevedon about 5 miles from us has the 2nd highest tidal flow in the world - at srping tide, lowest to highest tide is 47 feet!!) (first in world is somewhere in China apparently) - probably feel it out to near Bath I guess.. apart from the ankle thing which is now sore of course, tonight was a great run.. felt good and strong aerobically and in the legs.. nice night for it..

No comments:

Post a Comment