Sunday 27 May 2012

Charles: Day 204/365 - EMF Part 2 (UPDATED)

Today is d-day part 2 of the Edinburgh Marathon Festival - The Half Marathon

I have a huge dilemma!!! I forgot to take my Garmin Running watch to the half marathon today so I don't have an official Garmin Connect map and time for my run today. I hope I can be forgiven because I have proof of my time from the official time records and more importantly, I have the medal. I hope this is enough to convince me fellow 365'ers that I did run today.

The heat was unbearable today and I couldn't take enough water on to replace the sweat I was losing. I also had to stop for a pee just after the 8 mile point. I walked a bit between the 8 and 9 mile mark to drink 750ml of water and take 2 energy gel packs. I was fine until the turning point at about 11.5 miles and then was desperate for another drink of water. I walked for a wee bit once I got another 500ml of water and then plodded on to the finish. I managed a huge sprint to the finish line and must've overtaken about 100 runners but I'm still hugely disappointed with my time but after my tough 10k yesterday and the unbearable heat this weekend I think I should be proud of myself but I still feel gutted that I didn't do as well today and that I forgot my watch!

Here's the link to the official timing website. You will be able to see the official photos as well
Official Time for Charles McDonald (no 26036)

A map of the route:


The details of the run can be found at Day 204/365 challenge

A couple of pics for proof



1 comment:

  1. fantastic effort Charles - what are you beating yourself up about?... think about what you've just done, and what you're in the middle of - running every day, running tomorrow and running yesterday... you ground it out and got the job done. Nuff said.
    good stuff!

    ReplyDelete