Saturday 19 May 2012

Jack: Day 29/365...Run to the hills!

What better way to start a weekend than a Saturday hill session! This morning I met up with Tony and the gang and set off with the running club. For some reason it took my Garmin absolutely ages to lock onto the satellites and so it wasn't until we had hit the steps outside Hillhead primary school that I actually started to register my run. I checked with Tony and he had been having similar problems but had managed to clock a couple of kilometres by now and so I could probably add 2k at least to the distance recorded on my own Garmin. Once in Kelvingrove park we raced a lap of the triangle and I crossed the line in 1min 7secs. Hill reps on various inclines built up to the main challenge of the outing. I had never seen Gardner Street before, let alone ran up it. Six (and a bonus half!!) reps of the hill later and I will not be forgetting it in a hurry! It was an absolute beast of a hill which I will definitely be running again, but maybe not in the near future! As we passed through Kelvingrove Park again on the way home we did another race of the triangle. This time I decided to ditch the bag which I had been carrying for the run and I managed to knock 6 seconds off my previous time to cross the line in 1:01. Finishing the run back at the gym I then had a steady jog back to the park with Tony to set up week two of Outside The Box. A good session in the park was in order and the weather was great for it again! The only slight distraction was the call of "Hello Mr Arnold!!" from one of my first year pupils who was walking past with his dog! I may have some explaining to do come Monday morning!!

Run 29/365 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment