Thursday 17 May 2012

Karl: Day 27-34/365

Short run down to the club session to do the time keeping for the 5k TT.
Day 27/365 - running to and from time keeping club 5k TT by kfzeiner at Garmin Connect - Details

Every Thursday the mountaineering club has its social at the Cumberland Bar in Edinburgh. So instead of taking the bus as I usually would I ran there this time. Have to say that most of my runs are practical runs and therefore less for the sake of running but I use running as a means of getting there. I got a lift back from the pub.
Day 28/365 - run to the pub :-) by kfzeiner at Garmin Connect - Details

A friend of mine, Michael Novicki, started running from London to Edinburgh on 29 April. Last Friday was day 13 of 15 days of running for him. I joined him for the 13th leg of his journey, a 26km run.



Plan for the today was to run to and from the coaching session at Balerno High School. I set off on a easy run at 6:15am but it turned into one of my most painful slogs in recent times. By the time I got to Balerno 1 hour and 10k later my knees hurt as if they had just done a 40 mile run over lots of hills. I am suprised that the 26 k the previous day took that much out of them. I got a lift down the road after coaching.

Support run #2 for Michael for part of his final leg into Edinburgh. Fiona (my OH) and I tried to join them at he Commie Pool but they (he had a number of runners with him from Peebles with more joining during the day), were going too fast. So we chased them round town to finally bump into them on the Royal Mile just below the castle. Just in time for this picture too. 


Michael finished his final day (26 miles) in just over 5 hours!
My knees felt better today.

Another run to the Commie Pool for some coaching. This run had some pace for a change. 

Shorter run to a planning meeting with one of the other coaches. Legs tired again or just not warmed up yet.

Quick run round the Pentland hills while others (incl. Fiona and some of my coached athletes) were swimming in Threipmuir reservoir. The water temperature was apparently a balmy 8.8 degrees. Brrr.


Run felt much better, I so prefer off road running. 

No comments:

Post a Comment