Sunday 20 May 2012

Jack: Day 30/365...A Blue Day!

Much to the disappointment of my Dad I am not a Chelsea fan. When I first revealed an interest in football my Dad, a devout fan of 'The Blues', made the mistake of informing me that my local team were technically Crystal Palace. That fateful conversation led to a childhood filled with relegation battles, promotion dreams and even administration. It is funny to think that had my Dad not made me aware of the proximity of Selhurst Park to our family home I would have had a very different experience of football altogether! Had I been a Chelsea fan then last night would have undoubtedly been the peak of my football experiences. Nevertheless I found myself last night as a Londoner, an Englishman and the 'odd-one-out' in a family of Chelsea fans, cheering for the Blues against Bayern Munich in the Champions League final! Despite being the underdogs throughout the tournament, and with a caretaker manager at the helm, Chelsea finally achieved Mr Abramovich's dream and took home the coveted trophy. This was made sweeter by the fact that the final saw an English side defeat their German opposition on penalties! It was perhaps apt then that this morning I awoke to a blue sky at my window. After yesterday's hill session I was keen to just have a short run today and so headed along the river for a 5k loop. My knee started to ache again which was frustrating but I think this may have been caused by the strenuous run of yesterday. It was probably wise to keep today a short one! The riverside was filled with people out running today and enjoying the weather. I even saw one man sunbathing on the grass beside the Clyde...well he was either sunbathing or drunk! Maybe both! Apart from the ache in my knee it was a nice run and I am just a little gutted that I won't get to spend any more of the day out in the sun! Instead I will be sat at my desk marking essays on 'Frankenstein', reports on the Olympic Games and a selection of ghost stories!


Run 30/365 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment