Saturday 12 May 2012

Jack: Day 22/365...10k in the sun

This morning I popped out for a run with Tony and the running club for a cheeky 10k loop. I was slightly worried about my knee with the longer distance but it wasn't too bad. I had moments where it ached but generally it was fine and any soreness was bearable. I had to complete the run with my rucksack which was a little awkward but not too bad, I was just glad that I had not filled it with too much water beforehand! The run itself was really enjoyable. The pace wasn't too bad and I managed to spend most of the run chatting, which suited me perfectly! We ran down to Glasgow Green and then up to the Necropolis which is somewhere that I had not been before. The views at the top of the hill were amazing and I will definitely follow this route again in the future. Once the run was finished it was over to Kelvingrove Park for the first ever 'Outside the Box' training experience. The weather was perfect for some epic photographs and the hard workout was a massive success. Inspired by this experience I popped into town this afternoon to replace my old, worn out trainers with a shiny new pair! I can't wait to head out tomorrow and try them out! All in all this was a great day of training and one of the most enjoyable of the run365challenge so far!

Run 22/365 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details

1 comment:

  1. sorry to hear about the ITband Jack - been there - it can be really debilitating! Get Tone to show you some stretches you can do outside of rolling your legs with foam - a trip to the physio can really (hurt) help also!
    just reminded me - I took my road shoes to California and my right foot problem flared up - think it's also time for some new shoes!

    ReplyDelete