Tuesday 1 May 2012

Karl: Day 13-18/365

As I do every week nowadays I ran to the club run session which was a "tempo" run and then ran home again after the club swim. My "tempo" wasn't very high though.
Day 13/365 - run to club run session and back with session by kfzeiner at Garmin Connect - Details

This likely to become my trademark route (3.65km). Felt OK today.
Day 14/365 - Slateford/Gorgie Loop by kfzeiner at Garmin Connect - Details

Short run to Dalry pool for some coaching and then on to Sainsburys for some last minute Highland Fling shopping ;-)
Day 15/365 - run to Dalry pool and Sainsburys by kfzeiner at Garmin Connect - Details

Highland Fling ultra: Had a great race and scraped in just under 10 hours for 53 miles. Legs felt good. Nutrition worked well and I got to meet Tony and Mark (Cooper) on route. It was very funny actually as I was plodding along about 5 metres in front of Tony and Mark without knowing it was then, when I overheard Tony say to Mark about having signed up these two new guys to the challenge, and that is how we met :-)
Day 16/365 - Highland Fling Ultra Marathon by kfzeiner at Garmin Connect - Details
I am in the process of completing a race report and some extra thoughts!

OUCH!
Day 17/365 - Slateford/Gorgie Loop by kfzeiner at Garmin Connect - Details

OUCH! OUCH!
Day 18/365 - run to Commie pool by kfzeiner at Garmin Connect - Details

2 comments:

  1. Great efforts Karl!!!

    Just watching you guys do the whole 53 miles is a huge inspiration and I will sign up for an easier ultra next year and will be looking to you, Tony and Mark for some training and nutritional tips :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic effort. 7,000ft climbing not to be sneezed at either. Also cool you were able to meet CHarles and Tony. best, BB

    ReplyDelete