Thursday 24 May 2012

Benjour 136 LA foray and Clayton Christensen disappointment

Benjour 136 LA foray by ben_buckle at Garmin Connect - Details

hot and sticky today.. cracking evening with lots of sunshine, but very close (not Indiana close(ie 95%!) but felt close to that close nonetheless!) :-)

knees sore from yesterday morning sojourn in Berlin with new friends from Boehringer..

bought a new book from Clayton Christensen "how will you measure your life" which a lot of folks in the business world are raving about.. knew I would need something to distract me on the run this evening so managed to track down a podcast on this topic from his address at an HBS commencement speech in 2010 - read by some monotone US theologist using it for other purposes, so it grated on the ear a lot, but boy was it utter garbage/shocking!! I will read the book, but now I'm not as expectant as I was!

In other news I'm REALLY enjoying Kissinger's book "On China" - beautifully written and readily accessible.. stunning. I'm hoping the knowledge it imparts will serve me well in the coming years, professionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment