Monday 28 May 2012

Jack: Day 38/365...Running with Vicki

This morning looked set to be another gloriously sunny day and so Vicki decided to join me for a run. As this would be her first run in a while we decided to take it steady and follow a route up to Festival park. Vicki has chosen to follow a training program which she found on her phone and has set herself the target of being able to run 5kilometres without stopping. As today would be the first stage in this journey it consisted of several sections of running which were broken up with short walking sections. The run lasted almost half an hour and took us over the river and around the park covering almost 3.5km. Once we were back near the flat Vicki decided to jog back on her own to allow me to complete an additional 5km run along the river. This was a fairly quick run although I was stuck at traffic lights a couple of times which was frustrating! The weather made the run really enjoyable and I passed many other runners along the riverside. Having completed my runs for the day I had a lecture to attend at the University before spending my afternoon relaxing in the sun behind my flat with my book. I am still reading the fourth book in the Game of Thrones series and am thoroughly enjoying it. I am looking forward to getting plenty of reading done this week as I am now finished with my placement and will have a lot of time on my hands! I will strive to complete some longer runs as well and hope that Vicki will be able to join me for a few more!

Run 38/365 (part 1) by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details
Run 38/365 (part 2) by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment