Saturday 26 May 2012

Charles: Day 203/365 - EMF Part 1

Today is d-day part 1 of the Edinburgh Marathon Festival - The 10k!!

Firstly it wasn't ideal running conditions for a 10k race. It was already over 20 degrees Celcius at 9am in the morning (the start of the race). The sun was strong and beating down and it was getting warmer. The organisers only had one water station at the 6k mark and everybody was desperate for a drink. The route was exceptionally tough with some serious hill climbs but I managed to keep to my target of doing a slow 10k to conserve my energies for tomorrows half marathon.

I was fairly fresh when I finished the race but I was so desperate for a drink that I downed 2 500ml bottles of water as soon as I finished. I must've lost about a stone in weight with all the sweat that was pouring out of me.

The details of the run can be found at Day 203/365 challenge



1 comment: