Monday 7 May 2012

Jack: Days 16/365...Mintlaw

This morning I woke up to a sunny day in Mintlaw and headed out for a run around Aden Park. I was due back in Aberdeen for lunchtime in order to travel to St Andrews for a long night of work and so kept the run to the daily minimum of 5kilometres. I don't really know the surrounding area of Mintlaw too well, and my general sense of direction leaves a lot to be desired, so I decided to point myself in the direction of Aden Park and just run until my Garmin told me to turn around. Upon entering the park I began by simply following the main path to ensure that I wouldn't get lost, however after a few minutes I turned a corner and came face to face with a deer. I spent the next 10minutes or so jogging along a smaller path trying to get a good photo of the deer and soon discovered that there were in fact two deer and that my chances of getting close enough for a decent photograph on my phone were fairly limited. I took a couple of pictures regardless and also took some of the run in general as it was such a nice route. I will definitely do the route again when I return to Mintlaw but it would be nice to have more time to make a longer run out of it and see more of the park.

Some pictures of my run:





No comments:

Post a Comment