Sunday 27 May 2012

Jack: Day 35/365...Last day of school!

This morning I woke up nice and early to squeeze in 5k before my final day of placement. Having been at the school for the majority of the last few months it was a strange feeling to be preparing myself for my last ever journey in. I decided to just stick with the simple Kelvingrove Park 5k loop as I needed to prepare the flat for Vicki coming home! Having been away running around Helsinki for the majority of last week Vicki was making a return to glorious Glasgow. As I left for my run I decided to quickly check the post box (which is tucked inside the entrance to my block of flats) as I hadn't checked it yesterday. As I stepped towards the glass-fronted door to the mail-room I was shocked to find a man lying on the floor. I could see that he was breathing and it became clear that the man had passed out after abusing a couple of aerosols which lay on the floor beside him. With the only exit to the room in which he was confined being the doorway in which I was standing I was wary about disturbing the man as, should he panic when awakened, the only way for him to run would be through me! At this point I did not know what action to take and so I resorted to the reliable fall-back option. When in doubt, phone home! I figured that my dad would know what to do and so I gave him a ring. On his advice I contacted the police who offered to send an officer over to sort things out. I realise that this probably wasn't considered an emergency however I thought that the hour it took for someone to turn up was a bit excessive. Needless to say by the time the officer arrived the man had disappeared. The run itself was less eventful as I jogged a lap of the park at a fairly standard pace.

Today also marked my two year anniversary with Vicki. I am not sure how she has managed to put up with me for the last two years but I think she was pleasantly surprised when I announced my commitment to this challenge...At least now she is guaranteed twenty minutes of peace everyday for the next year!

Run 35/365 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment