Thursday 17 May 2012

Benjour 129 - LA foray

Benjour 129 - LA foray by ben_buckle at Garmin Connect - Details

managed to grab 30 mins after wife finished work and took Oliver and his felow Beavers scouts on a walk through the woods, before I collected Pootle from nursery... finalising a slide deck today for a presentation I'm giving at a conference in Berlin on Tues next week -

I love Berlin, esp the old Eastern side,, Isherwood really captured 1930's Berlin for me and parts of it I don't think will have changed much in the intervening years... Berlin was the step up to marathon running for me back in 1998. Somehwat ironically I didn't finish the race.. I'd trained to a 3hr pace and was uber fit (auf Deutsch!) and then shortly before the race I made the rookie error of switching to new shoes that had an orthotic correction in them which of course did their job and knackered my right knee.. I lasted 10 miles before I could no longer feel my leg and lost control of it! I didn't run again for 3 years...

Very much looking forward to running in Berlin on Monday, Tues and Wednesday..

No comments:

Post a Comment