Thursday 24 May 2012

Marg: Day 189-196/365 Challenge - summer break starts and Marg turns over a new leaf in footwear.

I cannot believe how many days have gone by since I last blogged. I have caught moments to read it an keep up with where everyone is up to but just to do my own has not been something I have had time for. Work has been busy, Brad has been in Germany and Belgium for the week....he should have tried to catch you for a run while he was there Ben!! And the kids have had all sorts of things on for their last week of school as well as a bunch of health and dental checkups seemed to fall in the week as well. Now the kids are in their long awaited summer break...nearly 12 weeks off from school!!

Needless to say some of my runs have just been close to the minimum and late at night, however I have tried to get in a few 4 milers, making my average still a bit over 3/day. I have booked my next 1/2 marathon in Sept to keep me motivated. It is women only. I am not a fan at all of segregated running, not after how long it took for women to be allowed to run in competitive long distance racing. It does not seem right to not allow men to run in a race as well however this is midwest America and there are still a few quirky things here. Brad is not up for another mini this year anyway. There are also a couple of sprint tris that I want to fit in over the summer as well.

Took the plunge the other day and had my feet looked at by a podiatrist. I knew it was not going to be good as RA gradually makes its mark despite great treatment. Long story short is that I get custom orthotics in a few weeks. Bit depressed by it as it always seemed to me to be what old ladies have to wear. Also horrified the podiatrist by telling her about the shoes I wear to work which has ended up with me sending my high heels to "Good Will" and buying "sensible shoes". Managed to find some that we're not too grandmotherly so I am feeling OK again now.

Day 189/365 Challenge by margcurtis13 at Garmin Connect - Details
Day 190/365 Challenge by margcurtis13 at Garmin Connect - Details
Day 191/365 Challenge by margcurtis13 at Garmin Connect - Details
Day 192/365 Challenge by margcurtis13 at Garmin Connect - Details
Day 193/365 Challenge by margcurtis13 at Garmin Connect - Details
Day 194/365 Challenge by margcurtis13 at Garmin Connect - Details
Day 195/365 Challenge by margcurtis13 at Garmin Connect - Details
Day 196/365 Challenge by margcurtis13 at Garmin Connect - Details

1 comment:

  1. DOn't worry Marg - I stopped wearing high-heels and started wearing comfy shoes years ago, and it's not done me any harm! ;-)
    (not true, before anyone raises an eyebrow!)

    ReplyDelete