Wednesday 23 May 2012

Jack: Day 33/365...A rubbish run!

Last night as I walked back home, having spent a couple of hours attempting to accompany my mate Jenny's piano playing with my guitar, I decided to take the scenic route back through Kelvingrove park. It had been a gorgeous day and the park was still full of people out with barbecues and the odd beverage. As it was now about 9:30pm those who remained were decidedly worse for wear and, as my guitar was swinging by my side, I had several requests for a sing-a-long. I decided against such a plan and laughed off the requests as I made a swift exit. One thing that caused my to stop however was the state of the park. As I turned the corner and walked alongside the bottom of the grassy slope area I was shocked by the volume of rubbish that had been left completely covering the grass. Empty boxes of beer and disposable bbqs had simply been left where they lay and you would have been hard pushed to find space to sit down on the grass without having to move a bottle of Bucky or two! As I ran through the park this morning then it was hardly surprising that the mess was even worse than when I had seen it last night. The 5 kilometres flew by and I couldn't help but feel sorry for the people who would have to come and clean it up as well as feel ashamed of the fact that a large number of those who had been in the park would have been students at my University.

I realised this evening that I should probably start including my jogs to and from CrossFit on this blog also. I go three times a week and rack up an extra couple of miles each time. I suppose over the course of a year it will all add up! As of tomorrow I will make sure that I take the Garmin and see what it comes up with!

Run 33/365 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment