Wednesday 2 May 2012

Jack: Day 12/365...Kelvingrove Park

Today I set off for my standard 'easy option' of 5kilometres round Kelvingrove Park. Whilst it is not the most imaginative of routes it is still a nice run around the park and I haven't bored of it just yet. We will see how long that lasts! Today was a fairly unremarkable run except that I have now noticed a few of the same faces cropping up each morning who must have their own 'standard morning route' which crosses my path in the park. It is interesting to think that these are people to whom I may end up wishing a 'good morning!' on a very regular basis for the next year and yet never discover their names or anything about them. I had an interesting run this morning as I faced the dilemma of my playlist running out when I was only five minutes in to the run. I decided a quick selection was needed and discovered an old playlist titled 'running1' which was the first selection of songs which I ever put together as a running selection. It consisted of a combination of old Toploader and Snowpatrol albums which I had listened too when running during my time at school and also when training for my first ever marathon about 7 or 8 years ago. This put a smile on my face and memories of old runs around Caterham and Woldingham came flooding back. It made me realise how nice it is going to be to have this blog as a record of this year of running as something to look back on in the future. I think I will continue with this playlist for my run tomorrow and then maybe put together a shiny new one over the weekend to see me through the next couple of weeks. An exciting prospect!

Run 12/365 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment