Thursday 31 May 2012

Karl: Day 40-48/365

Another week has gone by. My running enthusiasm is a bit low at the moment and I haven't really go the long runs in that I wanted for the West Highland Way race.
Just a short run last Tuesday:
Day 40/365 - a typical 3 and a bit k run by kfzeiner at Garmin Connect - Details

On Wednesday I went Mountain Biking at Glentress and then did around 10k to run to the track and coach the track session there on a lovely warm summers day. It was 27 degrees at Glentress earlier and absolutely roasting.
Day 41/365 - run to coach club track session by kfzeiner at Garmin Connect - Details

Thursday of last week was just a short run to a different track for another coached session under beautiful skies. First time this year that I could stand at a track on shorts and t-shirt (it is Thursday again today and it looks like the waterproof jacket is due to come out again).
Day 42/365 - run to coach another track session by kfzeiner at Garmin Connect - Details

Busy day working followed by a lovely evening in the park having a BBQ with friends. I squeezed in a 3k run just before we headed to the park.
Day 43/365 - Quick 3k by kfzeiner at Garmin Connect - Details

My plan for the next morning was to run to Balerno to coach and then back again (10k each way) but a late evening on Friday put paid to that and I took the bus to Balerno and then ran back. We had another BBQ in the park that evening again. While the weekend for a lot of Edinburghers was dominated by running a 5k, 10k, half marathon or marathon our weekend was dominated by having BBQs ;o)
Day 44/365 - 10k run back from Balerno by kfzeiner at Garmin Connect - Details

Sunday I really had lost my running mojo and with the lovely weather just wanted to go for a cycle in the sun, and that is exactly what Fiona (my OH) and I did. A nice two our loop heading south west of Edinburgh.
I did my quick 3k later that afternoon.
Day 45/365 - Quick 3k by kfzeiner at Garmin Connect - Details

Last of the beautiful days: I got a bus down to Leith and started my run roughly where the Water of Leith enters the Firth of Forth. I ran along the Water of Leith all the way up to Balerno (20k) and then added a bit of a loop to make it 25k. Enjoyed that run and rewarded myself with a pint in the Grey Horse pub's beer garden enjoying the rays. I had the beer garden to myself.
Day 46/365 - 25k from Leith to Balerno by kfzeiner at Garmin Connect - Details

Had another trip down to Glentress for more Mountain biking which I enjoyed, although I wasn't as confident as last week. In the evening I was time keeping the club time trial and ran the 5.5k there and 5.5k back. It was quite a chilly evening and I had completely seized up ahead of my run back. Found a nice android app though to help with the time keeping.
Day 47/365 - 11k run to do cycle TT time keeping by kfzeiner at Garmin Connect - Details

Yesterday's run was just a 3.6k to meet a client. I was planning to go longer but have not been sleeping well recently and feel that my body needs a rest, so am keeping the runs short for the moment.
Day 48/365 - run to meet client and do some shopping by kfzeiner at Garmin Connect - Details

Will have a bit of challenge coming up this weekend. Fiona and I are cycling from Edinburgh to Durham over 3 days and I will have to fit in the runs in those 3 days. Look forward to both though.

No comments:

Post a Comment