Monday 21 May 2012

Benjour 133 - Hello to Berlin (not goodbye!)

Got to Berlin late afternoon after an uneventful flight - just how I like them... I was Hank Marvin when I got in so had a pastrami on foccacia in the hotel washed down with a couple of cokes... walked them off for an hour in the environs of the hotel... by chance am staying close to the zoo - where as a family we stayed a few years back one xmas enjoying the famed xmas markets.. great to be back and tune in to the feel of the place... went out for a great run through the South-West corner of Tiergarten... might try the whole park either on Tues or Wednesday.. a bit spooky through the less populated woody bits of the park... lots of young men loitering about, doing what young men do in Berlin in the woods late afternoon... a bit seedy, but still enough runners about at that time of the evening to keep them on their toes. the naked old guy sunbathing in the middle of a sheltered glade did make me laugh it must be said... only in Berlin! will upload Garmin when I get home.

1 comment:

  1. I worked in Germany for about 6 months and loved every minute of it.

    ReplyDelete