Thursday 3 May 2012

Charles: Day 179/365 - Oooft, what a day!

What a long day it's been!!!

I got a phone call from my brother at 4.05am to say could I get to the Edinburgh Royal Infirmary straight away. He has been in the hospital for more than a week after receiving a liver transplant so I thought the worst and rushed in. Luckily, if that's the correct word to use, he was just worked up and paranoid because he was taking a reaction to the medication. Apparently this is very commonplace.

The wife and I had been at the hospital for most of the day so I wasn't looking forward to running tonight but decided to do the 5k as I left the hospital. I hate running from the ERI because there's a massive mile long hill as you come out of the hospital grounds and it always saps the energy from me. Distance done but no spectacular times to report :)

The details of the run can be found at Day 179/365 challenge

3 comments:

  1. Wow. That is a big deal for your brother. Hope all is improving for him now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scary stuff for everyone Charles. hope they get his meds sorted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you.

    We've been told that he will get worse before he gets better as they play around with the meds to see what's best

    ReplyDelete