Saturday 11 February 2012

Marg: Day 94/365 Challenge - back to the ice and snow :(

It Is so hard to believe that 2 days ago I was running in 72 degrees F and now back in Indiana the wind chill this morning was -4 degrees F. I got back from San Fran at 2.30 am on Saturday, crawled into bed and set the alarm for an 8.30 am 5k training run for the mini-marathon. I woke at 6.30 and Brad said they were still deciding on whether or not to cancel because of the snow, ice and bitter cold. Well that was enough for me and I went straight back to sleep! The run still went ahead but without us. We waited until it had "warmed up" to a wind chill of 5 degrees F and did one of our usual 3 milers. Garmin cut the distance short a bit for some reason.

I am setting up my giving page for Heifer International on reaching my 100 day milestone and in celebration I am challenging you all to log 100 minutes of exercise (on Friday 17th or Saturday 18th of Feb if Friday is too busy for you). It can be running or a mix of your running minimum and anything else you choose and it does not all have to be done at one time. I have a prize for the best photo during your 100 minutes.
Day 94/365 Challenge by margcurtis13@hotmail.com at Garmin Connect - Details

4 comments:

  1. OOOH! Loving the gauntlet that has been laid!!! Saturday 19th I am actually doing the Devon Endurance Life Coastal Marathon! Those Devon folk dont appear to know how long a standard mara is as the distance is 29miles for this race. Think I will be exceeding the miniman 100 mins set by quite a looong shot! Will arm myself with a cameral. Good Luck all. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that's my Saturday being organised by another woman. Suppose I should be used to it by now lol

    You certainly know how to throw down the gauntlet but I'll be doing my bit. Don't know what distance or route I'll be running but it'll definitely be an easy route for my 100minutes. I'll probably try and do about 10 miles cos I'm an old slow plodder rather than a fit young whipper snapper :)

    Need to remember and take my wee pencam with me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Up for this - no doubt Tony Curtis will win the photo contest with a photo of a handstand pressup or something! 100 minutes... hmm, plenty to have a go at and a great idea Marg.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the challenge Marg! well up for that! Might have to surprise the rest of the run club and tell them that we will be out running for 100min!!!! Great news that you have decided on your charity already! when setting up the justgiving page can you enter the name of the page like I did:
    http://www.justgiving.com/run365challenge-tonycurtis
    I can also send over the image for you to use as the icon for your page.
    Good work Marg!

    ReplyDelete