Tuesday 21 February 2012

Charles: Day 108/365 - Ignoring the advice!

Did a very painful 5k at lunchtime on an easy route towards Edinburgh Airport and back.

Had a phone consultation with the doctor today about my hip and she recommended that I stop running because it sounds like there's still internal bleeding and guesses that I've got a tear in the muscle and to keep taking the anti-inflamatory drugs, pain killers and ice packs. I said that after 108 days, I ain't stopping my running. She said that's a fantastic effort and wished me luck but couldn't offer any more advice. That was the end of that conversation......

Our running club is run by a physio and I've already consulted her by email and I also had a chat with her last night before the groups headed off in there different directions. She is concerned but understands my commitment to the challenge so I've an appointment to see her on Tuesday morning. I can't go and see her any sooner because me and the wife are away through to Glasgow to the Hilton Hotel for a few nights to chill out and make use of the pool and jacuzzi. Even better is that it's not costing me a penny because I got vouchers for the Hilton after winning some awards at work :))

I'm also looking forward to a wee 5k hobble with Tony tomorrow afternoon. I hope he takes it easy on me with me being an invalid with my dodgy hip :)

I won't manage to do a blog until I get home on Saturday night because I've been instructed by 'her who must be obeyed' that I'm not getting to take the laptop (I can take my iPad, but can't sync the garmin). Pictures to follow on Saturday of me & Tony and my time chillaxing in the jacuzzi whilst everybody else is working :))

The details of my run can be found at Day 108/365 challenge

3 comments:

  1. tough choices Charles - wonder what it is that's bleeding and you've ripped off inside? still, enjoy the few days away my man. Toast our health with champers in the jacuzzi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Ben

    Not sure what's torn but the doc didn't even offer to send me for a scan or X-ray to find out what the problem is. Hopefully the physio will have a good idea and keep me right. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bleeding won't last forever and I'll be on the mend soon, I hope but looking to the optimistic side of things at the moment

      Delete