Monday 27 February 2012

Charles: Day 113 & 114/365 - On the mend?

Day 113
Early start and early hilly run because I was going to my dads for the day to go shopping for him. The run was extremely painful with some mega hills on it. What it proved to me is that my fitness has suffered with my injury and my ability to run uphill has been seriously affected. I'll need to work extra hard on my strength work and hill running over the next few weeks before the start of the 20 road races that I've signed up for this year and I don't have much time left before it starts on the 25th March.

The details of my day 113 run can be found at Day 113/365 challenge

Day 114
Running club tonight and I was dreading it but as always it's never as bad as you think it's going to be. We did a wee bit of Indian file running with a mix of hills and a mix of different pace during the run. I felt fairly strong but struggled with the big uphill sections that I normally power to the front. I had to sit back because I didn't have the strength and power in my hips and thighs. However, I managed to power away during the level and downhill parts. Enjoyed tonight but felt sore and stiff when I got home. Still, I've got a physio appointment tomorrow morning and some foam roller stretching at night to look forward to :)

The details of my day 114 run can be found at Day 114/365 challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment