Tuesday 14 February 2012

Charles: Day 101/365 - Painful

I still have a really painful left hip so I took it really easy tonight and opted to only do the minimum 5k. I wish I could get to the bottom of what's causing the pain but no point in going to the docs because they'll just tell me to stop running and as we all know, there is no chance of that.

Are any others suffering from painful joints and is so what supplements are you taking? I'm taking omega 3 but not sure they're any good.

The details of my run can be found at Day 101/365 challenge

2 comments:

  1. After every long run my hips & knees really kill. I do a quick minimal 2m march day after the longun! I am taking Glucosamine + chondroitin but who knows if it works. Ibuprofen after the long runs help but all that does is mask symptoms!;
    Think we are all just getting a little old! Oh well - only 200+ days to go of madness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have felt the same way about my sciatica...I do not want to go to the doctor in case they tell me to stop running!!! This challenge has driven us mad!! I am doing a lot of stretches before and after and it seems to keeping it at bay.

    ReplyDelete