Wednesday 8 February 2012

Ben Days 30 and 31 - Corporate coolaid and Cheshire countryside

Hola peeps - saved my Monday and Tuesday runs for Cheshire - was up North for a few days at one of our manufacturing plants helping launch a new relationship our company has started with Fareshare - mixing it up with Lord Mayor of Liverpool over a bacon sarnie and a photoshoot! Really energising and really proud of one of my line reports who built this idea up from nothing. Sometimes, the corporate coolaid can taste great!
Fareshare

I can't stomach faceless corporate hotels so I prefer to use B&B's/Inn's whilst travelling where possible. Stayed at Cottom Farm on Monday night - perfect! I knew the moment I turned the engine off after arriving that it would be ace - couldn't hear anythjing except newborn lambs bleating for their mum! - Great hospitality, interspersed with dashing off to help with lambing - my hosts, not me!
Cotton Farm B&B

Dropped my bags and asked for a map - turns out the owner recently ran her first half-marathon, so we had lots to talk about and she gave me a nice x-country 5 K route that she uses. Crossed over these wonderful tiny stone, cobbled bridges on the Monday evening - which turned out to be trecherous early on Tuesday morning in the ice! Wonder if you'll be able to see them on the satellite view - three in a row.

In other news, I'm hoping we're about to welcome some new runners to our gang.. watch this space.
Ben Day 30 - Garmin
Ben Day 31 - Garmin Icy!


No comments:

Post a Comment