Saturday 25 February 2012

Benjour 49 - philanthropy, barefeet and Ironwood challenge T-1 day

Best laid plans and all that meant I ended up on the cycle path again, just in case I get withdrawal symptoms I figured it would be best to have done a whole week of them!
Ben Day 49 - Garmin
An absolutely stunning afternoon in the sunshine made it really rather enjoyable, that and switching off and weighing up the pros and cons of a SWB VW transporter (shuttle) versus its longer wheeled brethren... A quick hour in the dealership with Anusha and the kids and we had the answer - SWB. Our eyes are peeled for one about 18months to two years old. If you know of one let me know!

10th April is Toms barefoot day... I bought a pair of Toms (the shoes, not the cats) in Ft Lauderdale and was blown away by how comfortable they are (now my favourite shoe) but also the simplicity of the social responsibility piece that goes with it - buying a pair of Toms ensures one child in a third world country/developing country has a pair of shoes that fit for the rest of their school years. Thinking I might try it (go barefoot all day to raise awareness about the need for kids to have shoes to wear).. wonder if we could all be pursuaded to run barefoot on the 10th? might have to be 3 miles on our playing fields me thinks!
toms.com

Wonder what we have to do Marg to get this 10th April barefoot day rolled out at Elanco HQ....??

The other thing I've been thinking a lot about recently is myteamtriumph and possibly opening their first EU chapter... Nicky, we must know enough ultrarunners in our neck of the woods that might be up for this perhaps?
myteamtriumph.com
everytime I curse about this running everyday business I just think back to that memorable video about teamhoyt - yes we can.. something very noble about giving others equally hopeful the opportunity to run their first marathon etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment