Wednesday 15 February 2012

Charles: Day 102/365 - Hobble to it!

I went for a run with the dev friends running group at lunchtime even though my left hip was really tender and sore to the touch. I managed to run through the pain for about 3.8k when I had to step to the side of the path to get past a walker and I felt my hip go pop. From that point onwards I hobbled and limped back to the finish and even had to walk for a small bit because the pain was excruciating. When I got back to the gym at work, the manager had seen me hobbling and was really concerned and gave me a couple of ice packs but they haven't taken the pain away.

I think I'm going to have to "bite the bullet" and go to a physio to see if they can tell me what the problem is and what I can do to alleviate the pain. I will be cutting back my distance to only do the minimum 5k at a very slow pace until I get over the injury to my hip.

Rest assured I won't stop running!!

The details of my run can be found at Day 102/365 challenge

2 comments: