Thursday 22 December 2011

Tony Days 56-62/365 - this is more like ice skating than running!!/WARNING TIRED LEGS!!

Day 56/365 - Quick 5km run before Crossfit! by tcfitness at Garmin Connect - Details
Nice little quick 5km before CF today.

Day 57.1/365 - Couple of km during crossfit by tcfitness at Garmin Connect - Details
Had a competition with Rodger at CF to see who could run 1600m the fastest. Needless to say that I won by 5sec. Not that I am anyway competitive! He then went on to smash me during the workout of the day!!
Day 57.2/365 - The remainder of the daily run round shawlands by tcfitness at Garmin Connect - Details
As I only managed 1600m earlier during the run, I had to make up the difference later in the day. A nice little 5km run around shawlands (even though shawlands isnt that nice) made up the difference!!!
Day 58/365 - Advanced run club goes ice skating! by tcfitness at Garmin Connect - Details
Even though the terrain resembled more of an ice skating rink than tarmac streets we decided to venture out and take running club! We skated about for the first 2km and then got onto great western road - Quite literally - ended up running the whole of the GWR ON THE ROAD!! Thought we might get arrested at one point! 11.5km is not bad for just over an hour!

Day 59/365 - Easy 5km on the ice after a fantastic day snowboarding! by tcfitness at Garmin Connect - Details
After a full day at Glencoe getting my first boarding day in of 2011/12 I knew that I still had to get home and do my run! There are no prizes given for this run today. It was almost never done!! As someone famous once said - Its a marathon not a sprint!!
Day 60/365 - Feeling very very tired in the legs - easy 5km by tcfitness at Garmin Connect - Details
So as we venture further and further into our challenge - One thing is for sure - My legs are becomeing more and more tired as we go along. I have been trying to come up with novel ways to split the runs so that my legs get more chance to rest - the best one yet has been to run late at night and then first thing in the morning then you almost have 36hrs before your next runs this seems like a great option and may start to try it if I can get out my bed early enough!!
Day 61/365 - Easy 5km before Crossfit. Legs extremely tired! WARNING!! by tcfitness at Garmin Connect - Details
Legs even more tired today. Have found myself stopping at points during my short runs in order to walk for a little while. The tiredness in my legs is having a mental drain and I worry sometimes about the damage I might be doing!!!

Day 62/365 - The most tired my legs have ever felt! Not a happy bunny!! by tcfitness at Garmin Connect - Details
Tonight I stopped three or four times during my run just to walk for a little while. I have completed stopped going to crossfit this week in an attempt to reduce my training output. Hopefully By reducing the total amount of workload that I am doing and by having some days off work coming up I might be able to recover somewhat! Roll on christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment