Sunday 18 December 2011

Charles: Day 42 & 43/365 - Dangerous and Frosty

Day 42 - Dangerous running conditions.

I had an appointment to get my hair cut at 10am and decided to run to the hairdressers. BIG mistake because it had been a heavy frost all night then a thaw and then sleet that froze as soon as it hit the cold ground. This all meant that the pavements were covered in a layer of black ice. Hence, I ran mostly along the grass verges and on the roads with the cars whizzing past. I actually felt great during the run itself and was surprised by my time in the bad conditions. I even treated myself to a good fry up for a breakfast afterwards :)

The details of my day 42 run can be found at Day 42/365 challenge

Day 43 - White frosty pavements.

I was at my dads in Fife and went for an early morning run before I took him shopping. The pavements were all covered in a white thick frost but my Asic trail shoes coped brilliantly and I never felt that I was going to slip or fall. I was surprised at how much grip there was on the white frost. I had intended to go for the minimum 5k but me being me it turned out to be 8.2k because I was enjoying my slow jog in the crisp clean air.

The details of my day 43 run can be found at Day 43/365 challenge


i can't believe how far I've ran in 43 days!! I've covered 320.64km = 199.16 miles. That means that tomorrow I'll have broken the magic 200 miles and for my hard efforts I might even treat myself by doing a double run, but that will depend on the weather :))

No comments:

Post a Comment