Saturday 10 December 2011

Charles: Day 35/365 - The snow is here!

Day 35 - Snow is here in the Edinburgh area.

Woke up this morning to the streets all covered in snow so I got up and scraped the snow from the drive, paths and cars. When I finished that I donned the running gear and a thermal running top and my Asic trail shoes and my YakTrax grips that fit over the shoes and went for a run and loved every minute of it.

I forgot how tough running in the snow is and how much you change your running style to accommodate the slippy conditions. The Asic trail shoes and the YakTraxs worked brilliantly and I didn't slip once. The only thing I had to watch was when I got to clear parts of the pavement that moved into the snow area so that I didn't lose grip because the YakTrax don't like smooth tarred surfaces. I'm so pleased that I've also invested in some thermal running tops but I can't get used to the tight fit spandex material because I like my tops to normally be loose fitting.

Oh, and I can't believe that that's 5 weeks of the challenge over already :)

The details of my run can be found at Day 35/365 challenge

3 comments:

  1. Great pics - especially the off-road bits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked up the yaktrax and they look very tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My elder sister has bought Anusha and I both pair's for Christmas by the sounds of things!

    ReplyDelete