Wednesday 28 December 2011

Charles: Day 53/365 - Gales Force Winds

Day 53 - The gale force winds have returned with gusts of up to 70 to 90 mph

Another minimum 5k run today because the winds were really strong and I thought I was going to get blown over the barriers of the road that crosses over M8 motorway near Hermiston Gait. Very scarey indeed. At one point, I had to run sideways to make any progress because the gusts were so strong that they literally stopped me in my tracks and I couldn't move forward against it. I felt cheated by the wind today because I felt really strong after I'd finished the run. Awe well I'll just have to do a longer run tomorrow to keep up my training for the BUPA Great Winter 5k Run around Arthur's Seat on the 7th January.

The details of my run can be found at Day 53/365 challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment