Friday 9 December 2011

Ben Day39/365 Basingstoke

Writing this on Saturday morning.
Ben Day39/365 - Garmin
Well yesterday I was in the office and was finally coordinated enough to remember my running kit to enjoy a run at lunchtime in the Basingstoke area. I recall Marg telling me about a route she found just next to the hospital and a new housing estate. A quick look online showed some off-road potential and I wasn't disappointed. A nice 2.5 mile circuit following an avenue of beech trees for pretty much all of it - really enjoyed it - even found a little hill at the end I used to make sure I got my monies worth (3 mile min). Work even have hot showers to boot - hurrah! I'd forgotten my towel (not THAT coordinated!) but I was able to find an old tea-towel in the boot of my car - it was a bit oily and was planning on using it, but imagine my surprise when I found a stack of clean fluffy white towels in the showers at work instead!
In Leeds this weekend visiting my family and sisters etc before crimble. Have arranged a run with my elder sister for today - hope she doesn't leave me for dust on the hills! Will upload Garmin upon return to Bristol this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment