Thursday 15 December 2011

Charles: Day 40/365 - Another double header

Day 40 - Lunch time and evening run.

Two runs today totaling 13.39km (8.33 miles). The second run was in very frosty and icy conditions that proved to be quite slippy underfoot. I had to try and run with a short stride with my heel striking the ground first to try and stop my self from falling. I managed to get to the end of the run safe and sound but in hind sight I think it was crazy even attempting to run in those conditions at night. I think I'll have to stick to my lunch time runs and leave the evening runs until the spring arrives in about June, this is Scotland after all lol.

I've been keeping a log of my runs in an Excel document (as well as the Garmin Connect) and it says that now I've broken the 300km mark in 40 days of running (300.66km = approx 186.75 miles = approx 4.67 miles per day). It's amazing at how quickly the miles build up :)

The details of run 1 can be found at Day 40/365 challenge - Part 1
The details of run 2 can be found at Day 40/365 challenge - Part 2

1 comment:

  1. Great effor pushing through the 300km mark - that's got to be worth a wee dram over crimble in celebration!

    ReplyDelete