Monday 19 December 2011

Charles: Day 44/365 - Double Run

Day 44 - Lunch time run and then running club.

Two runs today totaling 14.9km (9.25 miles). I went for a lunchtime run at work in case the running club was cancelled due to back weather. The run was pretty eventful but I surprisingly felt really strong and full of running. I wanted to do another lap of the circuit but time constraints stopped me. I have to work after all to pay the bills.

The temperature was surprisingly mild tonight at 6 degrees celcius but even that wasn't enough to bring the people out to go running so only about 2 dozen turned up and we all decided to go running as one group. We built in 'escape' routes so that those that couldn't or didn't want to do the full distance could peel off and head back to the start with the guidance of a jog leader. In the end only about 10 completed the full distance tonight. The pace was very relaxed, too relaxed at some points for my liking so I would sprint away to give the faster members of the group someone to chase. This seemed to work a treat for some of the faster lot but for some reason I wasn't even out of breath or sweating that much which was a huge surprise considering the miles I'd put in over the last 44 days.

The details of run 1 can be found at Day 44/365 challenge - Part 1
The details of run 2 can be found at Day 44/365 challenge - Part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment