Sunday 11 December 2011

Tony Days 47-52/365 Running during the winter!!!

So the snow came this Monday and Tuesday! So I popped out to Costco to get my hands on some snowtracks that I found that were cheap!!!
They are very good for traction in the snow but I struggled to find out how to fit them properly. When running quite fast the tend to slip over the front of the shoe. So had to stop frequently in order to strap them back on! When they were on though they were really good and I did not once have to worry about traction and slipping!!



Day 47/365 - Nice little run around Pollokshaws in the snow by tcfitness at Garmin Connect - Details
Wednesday and I had 45 min to get my run in. With my battery dead in my garmin I resorted to the iphone app. Got round one circuit of the block to find that the app had stopped recording! ouch!
Really felt tired so decided to rack up a total of 4km from the first two recordings. That meant that I had to get another km later in the eve. Got back after work and just went round the block in order to get the total 5km. Could be a good way of running when tired - to split the runs up during the day.
Day 48.1/365 - Having garmin difficulties today! by tcfitness at Garmin Connect - Details
Day 48.2/365 - Part 2 of my garmin difficulties by tcfitness at Garmin Connect - Details
Day 48.3/365 - Part 3 of my Garmin difficulties! by tcfitness at Garmin Connect - Details
Thursday and the news is declaring the worst weather warning we have seen in years. Funny how the hurricane has been called Bawbag!! Even stated it on all the major news channels! Love it. Decided to stay of the streets during the hurricane in order to not get blown away. Ran into Pollok park and immediately decided it may have been a bad choice! Dodging fallen trees and branches, at one point I had to actually climb through a tree in order to keep on running my route!! Got back to the gym without killing myself and can now say that I survived Hurricane Bawbag!!
Day 49/365 - Running during Hurricane Bawbag (official) by tcfitness at Garmin Connect - Details
Buddy is coming on so well now and tonight took another minute and a half off his 5km time!!!
Day 50/365 - 5KM run with Buddy the Dog! by tcfitness at Garmin Connect - Details
Run club today was busy! The snow has gone and the weather was actually quite pleasant! Had 10 people in the class and took them back up to the necropolis then run down into the site of the old maternity hospital on Montrose street that now hosts some lovely stairs and ledges for performing exercises on!!
Day 51/365 - Advanced running club at Greens Finnieston by tcfitness at Garmin Connect - Details
Getting Knackered now! Body really feeling tired and legs struggling to put one foot in front of each other! Need to find an effective way to get my legs to recover. Any suggestions?
Day 52/365 - Slow 5KM run round Burnside and Rutherglen by tcfitness at Garmin Connect - Details

1 comment:

  1. bi-weekly/monthyl sports massage?
    for Buddy I mean - not you.

    ReplyDelete