Wednesday 7 December 2011

Marg: Day 27/365 A,B,C,D Challenge - around Brentwood

Tonight I tried to assess the accuracy of my footpod. I ran out to Gray Rd with the GPS and then back with the footpod on (A and B below). The food pod thought that I was running nearly 18% further than the GPS! Hence my faster "pace" over that time.
Day 27/365 A by margcurtis13@hotmail.com at Garmin Connect - Details
Day 27/365 B by margcurtis13@hotmail.com at Garmin Connect - Details

I then moved the footpod closer to my ankle to see if that made a difference and just ran to the top of the street and back (a bit over 1/4 mile) - C is with the pod and D is with GPS. The difference was now 10%. I could have run again moving the pod even closer to my ankle but with all the stopping and starting I was getting very cold. I will refine it further tomorrow.
Day 27/365 C by margcurtis13@hotmail.com at Garmin Connect - Details
Day 27/365 D by margcurtis13@hotmail.com at Garmin Connect - Details

In total ran 2.6 miles but the record would suggest 2.8 and if had all been with the footpod I think it would have suggested that I had run 3.0 miles.

1 comment: